Acoustics research centre
We have been involved in numerous projects engaging school children, families and the general public. Our aim is to make people more aware of acoustic science and understand how acoustic engineering can improve their sonic environment.
- How Science Works GCSE and How Science Works Key Stage 3, curriculum & CPD materials and programs fromTeachers.tv
- Promoting physics with a loud-poster - key stage 3/4 curriculum material development
- More sounds amazing - A/AS level curriculum material development
Other projects have included:
- Building acoustics engagement: a touring, singing sculpture
- The search for the worst sound in the world - web and museum experiment
- Sound Around You (IMPRINtS) - Surveying soundscapes using mobile phones
- Sound Matters - a range of PE activities mainly for 9-19 year olds
- Personal digistories about what inspired people to study engineering
- You might also want to visit our Acoustics FAQ
Contact: Trevor Cox at firstname.lastname@example.org.