Dr Adil Al-Yasiri
Lecturer in Computer Network Systems
- Newton Building Room 212
- T: +44 (0)161 295 6399
- E: email@example.com
- SEEK: Research profile
“Please contact me via email for an appointment”
I graduated from the University of Technology (Baghdad) in 1984 with a BSc in Systems and Control Engineering, and completed my MSc in Instrumentation and Control Engineering from the same university in 1988. I worked as a Instrumentation engineer before completing a PhD on Domain Oriented Object Reuse using Generic Software Architectures in 1997 from Liverpool John Moores University (UK). After completing my PhD I lectured at universities in the UK and the Middle East, and became a head of Computer Science at UAE University (Al-Ain).
Between 2000 and 2003, I worked as an Independent Software Engineer and Consultant. During this time, I worked on a number of projects around the world advising clients (nationally and internationally) on various aspects of the Software Development Process.
In December 2003, I joined the University of Salford as a Lecturer in Computer Network Systems and became Senior Lecturer in 2009. I am currently the programme leader for the MSc Software Engineering course.
Agile Software Development (L6)
Software Projects with Agile Techniques (L5)
Network Programming and Simulation (L7)
Agile Software Project Management (L7)
Advanced Programming (L7)
Software Engineering and Software Architectures
Ubiquitous Computing and Ambient Intelligence
Cloud Computing and Distributed Systems
Wireless Sensor Networks and Quality of Service
Qualifications and Memberships
PhD Software Engineering
MSc Instrumentation and Control
BSc Systems and Control Engineering
- M. Mackay, T. Baker, A. Al-Yasiri, 2012, “Security-oriented cloud computing platform for critical infrastructures”, Computer Law & Security Review, Volume 28, Issue 6, December 2012, pp 679–686
- A Al-Karkhi, A Al-Yasiri and N Linge, 2012, “Privacy, Trust and Identity in Pervasive Computing: A Review of Technical Challenges and Future Research Directions”, Inter. Journal of Distributed and Parallel SystemsVol.3, No.3, May 2012, pp 197-218.
- A Sabagh and A Al-Yasiri, 2011, “An Extensible Framework for Context-Aware Smart Environments”, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 2011, Volume 6566/2011, pp 98-109,
- A Al-Karkhi and A Al-Yasiri, 2010, “Asserting User Identity in Pervasive Computing Environments Using a Non-Intrusive Technique”, 'PG Net 10 Proceedings of The Annual PostGraduate Symposium on the Convergence of Telecommunications, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool, UK.
- A Abdulahad, and A Al-Yasiri, 2009, “A Generic Architecture Implementing a Formal Context Model for Context-Aware Systems”, 'PG Net 2009 Proceedings of The Annual PostGraduate Symposium on the Convergence of Telecommunications, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool, UK.
- S Ayyat and A Al-Yasiri, 2009, “Quality of Service Support for Multiple Traffic Types in Wireless Sensor Networks”, 'PG Net 2009 Proceedings of The Annual PostGraduate Symposium on the Convergence of Telecommunications, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool, UK.
- A Abdulahad and A Al-Yasiri, “Integrating Context Information into LDAP”, Proceedings of The Annual PostGraduate Symposium on the Convergence of Telecomm., Liverpool, UK, June 23-24 2008.
- A Al-Yasiri and A Sunley, 2007, “Data Aggregation In Wireless Sensor Networks Using The SOAP Protocol”, Journal of Physics: Conf. Ser. Vol. 76, No.1 – 012039.
- L E Cordova-Lopez, A I Al-Shamma'a, A Shaw, J D Cullen and A Al-Yasiri, 2006, “A GIS-CAN System for the Detection and Analysis of Vehicles Exhaust Pollution”, PGNet 2006, Proceedings of The Annual PostGraduate Symposium on the Convergence of Telecommunications, Liverpool, UK, June 26-27
- A Al-Yasiri and N Linge, 2006, “A Lightweight Architecture for Context Aware Applications Using LDAP”, The 2nd International Conference on COMPUTER SCIENCE & INFORMATION SYSTEMS to be held in Athens, Greece, June 19-21.