Gerry Mason Scholarship
Gerry Mason Engineering Excellence Scholarship
Thanks to the generosity of University of Salford donor and Chairman of Morson Group, Gerry Mason, we are delighted to be able to offer five scholarships specific to students beginning courses in September 2016 across all disciplines of engineering and will have ten more on offer in 16/17 and fifteen in 17/18.
The Gerry Mason Engineering Excellence Scholarships will be worth a total of £9,000, and paid as two cash award instalments of £1,500 each per annum for a maximum of three years.
The purpose of these special donor funded scholarships is to ensure that gifted individuals are not deterred from studying engineering at the University of Salford. As such, priority will be given to students who:
- Would otherwise be deterred from an undergraduate degree by tuition fees and associated living costs
- Are based in the North West
- Have between 280-300+ UCAS points or equivalent
As there are a fixed number of Gerry Mason Engineering Excellence Scholarships, potential scholars will be subject to an application process, which will commence following registration in September.
The Scholarship is open to students applying to the following programmes:
- BSc Civil Engineering
- BEng Civil Engineering
- BEng Civil and Architectural Engineering
- MEng Civil Engineering
- MEng Civil and Architectural Engineering
- BSc Aviaiton Tech with Pilot Studies
- BEng Mechanical Engineering
- BEng Aeronautical Engineering
- BEng Aircraft Engineering with Pilot Studies
- BEng Petroleum and Mechanical Engineering
- MEng Aeronautical Engineering
- MEng Aircraft Engineering with Pilot Studies
- MEng Mechanical Engineering