Skip to main content

Your tuition fee and maintenance loan

If you have already applied for these during the application process, it’s a really simple change to inform the Student Loans Company that you’re coming to Salford instead. Provided you haven’t registered at another university first you can log into the portal and just change the institution to the University of Salford. If you’re a part time applicant you will need to contact the relevant funding body directly, rather than using the portal.

If you haven’t yet applied for your tuition fee and maintenance loan you will need to do this quite swiftly to ensure your funding is in place before you start your studies. Both loans are provided by the Student Loans Company and applications are made to Student Finance England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland as appropriate. If you’re a student from outside the UK you can find a handy guide to applying for student finance on the Student Room.