Cutting-edge research that delivers real business solutions
Salford Business School Research
REF 2014 results
Salford Business School achieves biggest growth in research quality among business schools in the north west, 140% growth in world leading research, and 40% of its impact is judged outstanding. The School now has an excellent platform for growth towards REF 2020.
Salford Business School aims to be a first-choice international provider of next-generation business and management education and research developing graduates, managers and leaders in the digitally-connected, complex global knowledge economy who are transformational in thinking, behaviour and practice.
In research we foster a stimulating, aspirational and supportive research environment engaged across disciplines and in line with business, community and public policy needs.
Researchers are involved in projects which probably impact on your everyday life - statisticians helped create the official player rating scores for the Barclays Premier League, and they also validate that the National Lottery draw is indeed random.
Research at Salford Business School delivers real business solutions, with particular expertise in:
- Finance, Accounting and Economics
- Information Systems and Digital Business Technology
- Strategy, People Management and Salford Law
- Marketing and Services Management
- Operations and Global Logistics Management
- Management Science and Statistics
- Digital Business
- Social Business
- Sports Business
For more information on applying to do a PhD at the Business School, please see our Business PhD page.
For information on our research expertise in general, please contact us.
Salford Business School has a compelling record of generating research in partnership. Applied research projects that benefit the communities in which the research is embedded is evidenced and promoted through Salford Impact. Our projects demonstrate significant funding success with key funding partners and users including:
- SMEs (we are a top 5 University for SME engagement (p.68 of Witty Review)
- city-regions, regional government, and international organisations
- international rail operators and their commercial partners
- rail trades unions, their members and employer organisations
- national/international sports and gaming administration agencies and regulators, the industries, athletes and fans, and sports policy makers
- football governing bodies, professional football leagues, managers, fans
- gambling regulatory authorities and policy makers.
We also have impact case studies that exemplify the influence of our research beyond academia.