Bespoke consultancy services delivered by industry experts
Unite with Business
The Unite with Business project is an excellent opportunity for both small/medium enterprises (SMEs) in the North West Region and our students and graduates.
The project seeks to work with SMEs to identify real business issues and from this create short, focused projects that last for 20 days (over a flexible term, if worked part-time). A project is created that will deliver a business benefit and Unite with Business will match students with the right skills and experience into the most appropriate project.
Final year students, postgraduate students, and graduates can get paid work experience, and projects can be worked on a full- or part-time basis and are offered throughout the year.
How students benefit from a Unite with Business project
- Work on real projects with real business improvements that will boost your employability prospects
- £960* paid upon successful completion of the project (*subject to tax and National Insurance)
- Networking potential – many graduates working with one firm have been referred to their clients or those within a particular network circle
- Working in a smaller company – not all graduate jobs are offered by larger firms with graduate programmes. Jobs with SMEs provide an excellent chance to gain an overview of an entire operation rather than one particular unit or department.
- If you are still studying, feeding back your project experience into a piece of assessed work is an excellent opportunity to demonstrate how theories learnt in the classroom are translated in the real world.
Examples of previous projects have included: Creation of marketing strategies and business plans, social media and search engine optimisation, web design and product launches. A wide range of employers are contacting the project with new opportunities and by registering you could be matched to them.
How SMEs benefit from a Unite with Business project
"The Unite project has helped me by providing a qualified IT/ecommerce specialist who has added value to our website, The four week trial enabled me to assess the quality of work of the student and gave me confidence to employ this enthusiastic and highly skilled individual." - Russ Arrowsmith, Managing Director of Arrow Engineering
- A risk free opportunity to access graduate skills in order to fulfil a business need your organisation does not currently have the capacity to undertake
- The satisfaction of engaging with enthusiastic graduates who are keen to bring fresh ideas and approaches to the way your business operates
- The chance to trial a potential candidate over a realistic time period
Contact Unite with Business
Students wishing to register can send their CVs to email@example.com