Recognised internationally for teaching and research excellence
- Maxwell 600
- T: 0161 295 2063
- E: email@example.com
Graduate Trainee, Assistant Operations Manager,
London Tara Hotel
|1980||Banqueting Manager, Leeds Bradford Posthouse|
|1980-1985||Contract Catering Manager, Grandmet Catering Services|
|1985||Lecturer 2 Salford Technical College|
|1990||Senior Lecturer, Head of Hotel and Catering Section, Salford College of Technology|
|1994||Principal Lecturer, Head of School of Leisure and Hospitality Studies, University College Salford|
|1996||Senior Lecturer, University of Salford|
|2004||Voluntary early retirement|
|2004-2008||Re-engaged as SL on a series of full time fractional, fixed term contracts.|
|2008-present||Reappointed as full time 0.6 fractional SL|
- Purchasing Costing and Control
- Supervisory Skills
- Leisure and the Media
- Fundamentals of Tourism
- Front Office Operations
- Front Office and Customer Care
- International Hospitality Operations
- Tourism Planning and Development
- Tourism Attractions, Development and Management
- Lodgings Management
- IT for Hospitality & Tourism Industries.
- Visitor Attractions
- Contemporary Issues in Tourism
- Strategic Management – U/G & P/G
- Tourism Industry Operations
- Tourism Principles
- Destination Management
- Dissertations Supervisions
The development and application of networked reservations technology in the hospitality and tourism industry
Electronic learning, Pedagogic Research.
Qualifications and Memberships
- 1975 HND Hotel Catering and Institutional Operations.
- 1984 City and Guilds 730 FETC (Distinction and Credit).
- 1990 BA (Hons) Business Studies 2:1, Huddersfield Polytechnic.
- 1996 MSc Tourism Management, Sheffield Hallam University.