Courses developed in partnership with business leaders
Lecturer in Sustainability and Ethics
- Maxwell Building 329
- T: +44 (0)161 295 2923
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linkedin: @https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAMAAA2ZH5gBHtWTkfLDlkuGouMYp9l1Zl5Uwtc&trk=hp-identity-photo
- Twitter: @MaleviciusRomas
Please contact me via email for an appointment in advance.
Prior to joining Salford Business School Romas had gained work and research experience in the areas of sustainability and education for sustainability in higher education institutions. Romas has also worked as an academic consultant in different areas such as public sector management, assessing and embedding education for sustainability in the higher education curriculum.
Romas co-founded and worked as Creative Director in the GoGreen Movement that aims to promote action learning opportunities for students, organisations and universities while promoting employability, self-reflection and sustainable change. This programme has been nominated to the Green Gown Awards and it is the topic of Romas' PhD dissertation to be completed in 2016.
Romas is passionate about sustainabiity, business ethics and education for sustainability and a great advocate of using technology in his teaching that enhance students' learning experience.
Romas has taught different modules such as:
- International Intercultural Management
- Analysis of Business
- Digital Marketing
- Research methodologies (quantitative use of SPSS)
- Sustainable Management Futures
- The Natural Environment, Stakeholders and Policy
- Managing Information for Competitive Advantage
Main research areas are as follows:
- Sustainability and Business Ethics
- Education for Sustainability
- Sustainable Management in Practice
- Leadership and Sustainbility
- Action learning and problem-based learning
- Learning History and Action Research Methodologies
- Organisational Change
Qualifications and Memberships
2010 BA (Hons) International Business Strategy, Anglia Ruskin University UK
2008 M.Eng, Energetics and Thermal Engineering, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Lithuania
2005 B.Eng, Thermal Engineering, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Lithuania
Acevedo, B., with Bonner, C., Johnson, S. and Malevicius, R. (2012), Students' (passionate) engagement with processes of greening the campus. In Leal, W. (Ed) "Sustainable Development at Universities: New Horizons". Frankfurt, Peter Lang Scientific Publishers. Pp.383-94