Bespoke consultancy services delivered by industry experts
Dr Paolo Sandro
Lecturer in Law
- Maxwell 331
- T: +44 (0)161 295 52128
- E: email@example.com
- Linkedin: @https://uk.linkedin.com/in/paolosandro
Please contact me via email for an appointment
I joined Salford Business School in January 2016, after holding positions at Liverpool Hope University, at the University of Edinburgh, and at the University of ‘Roma Tre’.
I hold a Doctorate in Public Law from the University of ‘Roma Tre’ in Rome (2011) and a Ph.D. in Legal Theory from the University of Edinburgh (2014). I am also a fellow of the Higher Education Academy. I am under contract with Hart Pub. to publish my first monograph (forthcoming in 2017) on the distinction between creation and application of law in the ‘Law and Practical Reason’ Series. My work has appeared in a recent volume by Springer (Problems of Normativity, Rules and Rule-Following), in Res Publica (2011), and in Rivista Italiana di Diritto Pubblico e Comunitario (2009).
In my spare time, I enjoy family, friends, good food, and playing basketball.
European Union Law (UG)
Law in a Business Context (UG)
Public Law (national and international)
Philosophy of Action
Philosophy of Language
PhD Supervision I would be interested in supervising future doctoral students in: the general area of legal theory, both national and transnational, and constitutional and administrative law theory. I am more than happy to discuss potential research projects before the application is made, just drop me an email!
Qualifications and Memberships
Laurea in Administrative Law (University of ‘Roma Tre’, Rome)
Laurea Specialistica in Legal Theory (University of ‘Roma Tre’, Rome)
Research Doctorate in Public Law (University of ‘Roma Tre’, Rome)
Ph.D. in Legal Theory (University of Edinburgh)
PGCert in Teaching & Learning in Higher Education (Liverpool Hope University)
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- “Creation and Application of Law: A Neglected Distinction” (Hart Pub., forthcoming 2017)
- “An Axiomatic Theory of Law”, 17/4 Res Publica (2011), 343-354
- “Appunti a margine dell’operazione Piombo Fuso”; 4 I diritti dell’uomo: cronache e battaglie (2009), 56-64
- “Alcune aporie e un mutamento di paradigma nel nuovo articolo 6 del Trattato sull’Unione Europea”, 5 Rivista Italiana di Diritto Pubblico comunitario (2009), 855-912
- “To Whom Does the Law Speak? Canvassing a Neglected Picture of Law’s Interpretive Field”, in Problems of Normativity, Rules and Rule-Following, T. Gizbert-Studnicki et al. (eds), Springer, 2015, 265-280