Recognised internationally for teaching and research excellence
- Maxwell 600
- T: +44(0) 161 295 2028
- E: M.Evans2@salford.ac.uk
- Linkedin: Michael Evans [email@example.com]
Wednesday: 13:00pm – 15:00pm
Friday: 11:00am – 13:00pm
Started lecturing at the University of Salford in 2001 in the former School of Leisure, Tourism and Hospitality. Previously, worked and held various managerial positions within the Hospitality and Tourism Industry in the United Kingdom.
Coordinator for two Erasmus (IP) Intensive Programmes (International Conference Tourism & Gastronomic Heritage Tourism) within the school. Working in collaboration with Higher Education Institutions from Finland, Portugal, Belgium, Lithuania and Bulgaria in research, teaching and learning activities.
Responsible for the following modules:
- Service Systems Management;
- International Hospitality Management;
- Hospitality Operations;
- Rural Tourism – Innovative Products and Marketing; and
- International Conference Tourism
Member of Principles of Marketing teaching team
Research interests are in the areas of:
- Service Quality Management in hospitality and tourism industry.
- Stakeholder Participation in Tourism Development and Management in Developing Countries.
Currently, studying for PhD in Internal Customer Service Quality delivery in small to medium sized hospitality industry in a developing country.
Qualifications and Memberships
- BA. (Hons)
- Dip. FSM
Co - author of Research Themes in Alternative Tourism (2011) by CABI UK.
Contemporary Strategic Developments within the Service Sector (2014) International Journal of Globalisation and Business