Recognised internationally for teaching and research excellence
The Dean of Salford Business School
Professor Amanda J. Broderick, PhD.
BA (Hons) PhD DipM DipMRS PGCTL FRSA FHEA MBGS FCIM Chartered Marketer
Dean, Salford Business School
At Salford Business School we have a clear vision – to excel in teaching, research, innovation and engagement; core beliefs that lie at the heart of the success of the School, its graduates and its business partners.
Research-informed, industry-led global business education
We are committed to developing business leaders and managers that are equipped for next-generation practice in the global marketplace. The contemporary business world operates on an increasingly global scale and this agenda sits at the very heart of how Salford Business School engages with its students and partner organisations.
Our teaching is industry-led, inspired by contemporary practice and developed in partnership with business leaders. We teach the skills that employers need and as a result, our graduates enjoy excellent international career prospects.
The quality of our teaching is built upon strong intellectual resources. With over 100 academics – many of whom remain active in the business world - the School benefits from a broad range of expertise and ensures our international curriculum disseminates cutting-edge knowledge to our students and clients.
Without innovation, business fails. Our focus on business innovation, entrepreneurship and business sustainability enhances both employability prospects and the ability to generate business/employment opportunities:
- Our MBA is one of a select group to have been awarded AMBA accreditation in the UK and offers excellent networking opportunities
- 89% of Business School graduates go into employment or further study within 6 months of graduating.
- Our ELIE project has worked with entrepreneurs across Europe and found that even where people are pushed into entrepreneurship through necessity, social and cultural skills such as having good networks can help them become successful. This knowledge is being applied to teaching about entrepreneurship at Salford Business School where ELIE case studies support the module 'work based project' and postgraduate courses.
- Our Passport to Trade 2.0 project has found that working and studying abroad prepares students better to take part in international business which supports Salford Business School's approach of offering student placements across both undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Enriching learning environment within a global network
Our stimulating learning environment supports students to realise their true potential. Both academic and pastoral resources enable students to fully benefit from our international community. Its success has been demonstrated internationally:
- Our college and student body form a cosmopolitan, multinational community, with over 130 countries represented
- Opportunities for semesters abroad, language training, international work placements and the international environment are embedded across the entire curriculum
- 83% of Salford Business School graduates were satisfied or very satisfied in the NSS 2011
- We are 2nd in the UK in Accounting & Finance for overall student satisfaction in the NSS 2011
- We are 5th in the North West in Business Studies for overall student satisfaction in the Complete University Guide 2012
The School also boasts an impressive alumni network, made up of more than 125,000 business professionals from 130 countries across the globe. We offer localised alumni associations in countries including Brunei, China, Hong Kong, India and Malaysia, meaning wherever you are in the world, the influence of Salford Business School is never far away.
World-class, transformational business research that informs business practice and supports management development
Our Research and Innovation Hub has developed an impressive Executive Education programme supporting international leadership and management development. In 2011, our Institute of Directors programme produced the highest scoring Diploma graduate in the UK and the Salford Executive MBA is now available in part-time, online and in-company modes.
In the most recent national Research Assessment Exercise (2008), over 90% of Salford Business and Management research was ranked of international standard with 30% internationally-excellent or world leading. Our college, many with internationally-renowned research reputations, regularly consult and research for organisations including the NHS, the Lottery Commission, the Barclays Premier League, IBM and BMW.
Working as part of the international Passport to Trade 2.0 project consortium represented by organisations from Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Greece, Italy and Romania, organisations are advised on how to innovate using Social Media. At the same time ELIE project, incorporates partners from Finland, Greece and Poland, develops our understanding of immigrant entrepreneurs and innovation through investigating business start-ups.
At Salford, we have invested £30 million into one of the most innovative and state-of-the-art facilities available anywhere in the UK. Our presence at MediaCityUK places us, our students and business partners, at the heart of this exciting new enterprise which promises to become one of the largest business hubs in the country.
Salford Business School is serious about business. If you are too, why not join us? I look forward to welcoming you to the School and to our international learned business community.