Recognised internationally for teaching and research excellence
Dr Alaa Garad
CEO, Investors in People | UAE
Alaa holds Bachelor of Commerce, Master’s Degree in Quality Management and PhD in Organizational Learning and Excellence from Salford University, England. He is a Certified EFQM Assessor, licensed IIP Specialist, Chief Examiner and Juror at several national and regional quality and excellence awards such as:
- Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award,
- Dubai Quality Award, (Juror)
- Abu Dhabi Government Award for Performance Excellence,
- Ras Al Khaimah Government Quality Award (Head of Assessment Panel)
- King Abdul-Aziz Quality Award in Saudi Arabia. (Team Leader)
- Dubai Human Development Award (Advisor and Juror)
- Ideas Arabia Competition (Judge)
Alaa is an active member in several professional bodies such as the Academy of Management, the Society for Organizational Learning, International Foundation for Action Learning (IFAL) and the American Society for Quality. His areas of expertise include Service Level Agreements (SLA), Balanced Scorecard, EFQM Excellence Model, Investors in People, Learning Organizations, Action Learning, Experiential Learning, Benchmarking, Suggestions Systems, Cross-Training, After-Action Reviews, Customer Service, Mystery Shopping, ISO Standards, and Feedback Systems. The following are some of his affiliations:
- Chairman and Co-Founder | Organisational Learning Conference MENA.
- Chair | Advisory Board | University of Salford UAE
- Member | Board of Advisors | Business School, Abu-Dhabi University.
- Founder & Superintendent | International Performance Excellence.
- Founding Partner| PTPI | A Community Interest Company in Scotland.
- Executive Board Member | International Foundation for Action Learning.
- Columnist | Emarat Al Youm Newspaper (No. 1 Arabic Newspaper in the UAE- Forbes).