Recognised internationally for teaching and research excellence
Salford Business School’s Advisory Board provides expert independent guidance and support. It works closely with us to ensure our teaching and research addresses the key issues organisations face in today’s fast-paced commercial environment.
The board is made up of international business leaders, social entrepreneurs, family businesses, government officials and, of course, alumni. This blend of skills and experience ensures we are at the forefront of business practice and continue to be renowned for our distinctive creative and applied thinking.
Thought leadership and master-class programmes
Board members deliver independent advice through formal board meetings, involvement in projects, and engagement with students. This valuable advice supports our innovative curriculum, strengthens our research impact and connects us with our stakeholders.
Developing productive relationships
The board helps us to develop relationships with businesses and organisations of all sizes. We work with entrepreneurs, micro-businesses and SMEs to ensure we are responsive to the diverse needs of business. Our relationships with high-growth and family businesses ensure we can support the unique commercial aspects that are critical to our region’s success. International PLCs help us to understand how we can provide more holistic solutions to the complex needs of large international businesses.
Socially progressive thinking
Our commitment to sharing best practise and forging close relationships across the board ensures that we are socially progressive. Our education and research benefits communities, charities and non-government organisations (NGOs) regionally, nationally and internationally, and through our work we address pressing social and environmental changes.
Salford Business School Advisory Board Members
- Rob Carnell (Chair) - Chief International Economist, ING Commercial Banking
- Professor Chris Brady, Professor, Centre for Sports Business, University of Salford
- Geoff Thompson (MBE) - Founder and Executive Chairman, Youth Charter
- Paul Dermody (OBE) – Retired, De Vere Group
- René Carayol – CEO, Inspired Leaders Network
- Robert Crenian - Managing Director, Renaissance Technologies LLC
- Zara Woods - Director of Integration & Innovation, Barclaycard Consumer Europe
- Mike Peasland - General Manager, Balfour Beatty
- Mike Jones - Tiscali
- Jon Newell – Retired, BDO
- Alaa Garad – Director, Emirates Center for Organisational Learning (ECOL)
- Sandie Grimshaw, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers