Bespoke consultancy services delivered by industry experts
Business Innovation Projects
Business Innovation Projects (BIP) are an easy-to-implement and cost-effective way for your organisation to:
- Talent-spot for your next round of graduate recruitment
- Initiate live projects that support your strategic or operational objectives
- Take advantage of the skills and energy of bright, ambitious students on our respected, professionally-accredited Masters degrees.
How does a BIP work?
A BIP is an opportunity for our Masters students to complete their studies by undertaking a live industry brief.
This brief is set by the partner organisation, and the student works on-site or remotely to meet its objectives over a period of three or six months.
Both parties benefit from this arrangement: the student applies what they have learnt on their course in a real-world professional setting, while the organisation receives expert assistance in a business-critical area at minimal expense.
Can my organisation take part?
“Communicate Better have benefitted greatly by utilising the enthusiasm of the interns recommended to us. Their expertise have helped us towards the development of our new website. Their fresh approach and ideas have helped shape the way our website looks and feels. I would not hesitate in recommending the Business.”
Jordan Needham, Marketing Manager at Communicate Better.
From businesses of all sizes to charities and community groups, the BIP initiative is open to any type of organisation.
Here are some of the people who’ve already been involved:
- Access Floors Limited
- Digital firms at MediaCityUK
- JMW Solicitors LLP
- Lets Go Global
- Salford City Council
- Salford Disability Forum
- Salford Professional Development
- SMEs across the North West.
How soon can the BIP start?
There are six intakes a year, so you can kick off the project whenever is most convenient for your organisation.
How much will it cost us?
If you want the BIP to run over three months, your organisation will just need to cover the student’s travel costs. If you opt for six months, the student will join you on a paid placement, the cost of which will be subject to negotiation.
What is the process?
1. Please email BIP@salford.ac.uk or call us on 0161 295 6171 so that we can talk you through the finer points of exactly how it will work.
2. Once we have put everything in place, it’s time to draw up your brief and send it across to us.
3. We will then advertise the brief to our Masters students and invite applications from qualified candidates.
4. A few days later, we will send you the CVs of the students who have applied to work on the brief, from which you can draw your shortlist.
5. The interviews will then take place with the shortlisted students and you will make your final choice.
What can the brief be about?
This is entirely up to you. What issues within your organisation would you like to address? What are your current agendas? Where are you looking to get the edge on the competition?
Interested? Get in touch
If you think that a BIP could support the objectives of your organisation, please get in touch by emailing us on BIP@salford.ac.uk or calling 0161 295 6171