Dr Rod Gameson
Senior Lecturer in Construction Management
- Maxwell Building Room 415
- T: +44 (0)161 295 4621
- E: email@example.com
- Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rod-gameson/11/242/67b
- Twitter: @rodgameson
- SEEK: Research profile
“Please contact me via email for an appointment”
I have been involved in the construction industry as a practitioner, teacher and researcher for over 35 years. I spent a number of years working as a site engineer / site manager in the West Midlands area, on building and civil engineering projects. After completing a BSc (Hons) in Building Construction and Management at the University of Reading I went on to study for a PhD and commenced my full-time academic career working as a Research Fellow, both at Reading. I then took up a Lecturing post at the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST) [now part of the University of Manchester] teaching on construction-related undergraduate and postgraduate courses. In July 1998 I left the UK to take up a Senior Lecturer’s post at the University of Newcastle in Australia where I taught on full-time, distance learning and offshore (Singapore and Malaysia) construction management courses concentrating, in particular, on advanced construction management and research dissertation modules. This involved the development of distance learning materials in paper and web-based formats. Research activity at Newcastle included University research grants and involvement in the Cooperative Research Centre for Construction Innovation [CRC-CI] working on research projects in collaboration with CRC-CI academic and industry partners. I left the University of Newcastle in February 2005 to take up a Senior Lecturer position at the University of Wolverhampton teaching in the UK and offshore (Hong Kong). On leaving Australia I was appointed as a Conjoint (visiting) Senior Lecturer at the University of Newcastle. I commenced my current position, as a Senior Lecturer at the University of Salford, in September 2010.
Teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students construction management / project management related topics. Supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Particular area of interests include: client-professional communication, ICT / BIM, construction briefing, building procurement, project management, project teams and skills development, construction education.
Qualifications and Memberships
BSc (Hons); PhD; MAIB; MCIOB
- Akinwunmi, A & Gameson, R & Hammond, F & Olomolaiye, P 2012, 'An overview of residential real estate financing in Nigeria', Journal of Real Estate Literature, 20(2), pp.261-288.
- Aranda-Mena, G & Gameson, R 2012, 'An alignment model for the research higher degree supervision process using repertory grids - reflections on application in practice in built environment research', Australasian Journal of Construction Economics and Building, 12(3), pp.66-81.
- Sher, W & Sherratt, S & Williams, A & Gameson, R 2012, 'Changing Skills in Changing Environments: Skills Needed in Virtual Construction Teams', in: Lanyi, C S (ed.), Applications of Virtual Reality, InTech, Rijeka, Croatia, pp.31-49.
- Chinyio, E & Gameson, R & Suresh, S 2011, 'The management of construction stakeholders by Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in the United Kingdom (UK): A pilot study. ', in: Egbu, C & Lou, E (eds.) 27th Annual Association of Researchers in Construction Management [ARCOM] Conference, 1st edition, Association of Researchers in Construction Management [ARCOM], Bristol, UK, pp.485-494. Conference details: 27th Annual Association of Researchers in Construction Management [ARCOM] Conference, 5-7 September 2011, Bristol, UK. .
- Bashir, A M & Suresh, S & Proverbs, D & Gameson, R 2011, 'A critical, theoretical, review of the impacts of lean construction tools in reducing accidents on construction sites', in: Egbu, C & Lou, E (eds.) 27th Annual ARCOM Conference, 1st edition, Association of Researchers in Construction Management [ARCOM], Bristol, UK, pp.249-258. Conference details: 27th Annual Association of Researchers in Construction Management [ARCOM] Conference, Bristol, UK.
- Sherratt, S & Sher, W & Williams, A & Gameson, R 2010, 'Communication in construction design teams: moving into the virtual world', in: Handbook of research in discourse behaviour and digital communication: language structures and social interaction, IGI Global, USA, pp.218-234.
- Chinyio, E & Gameson, R 2009 'Private finance initiative in use', in: Akintoye, A & Beck, M (eds.), Policy, finance and management for public-private partnerships, Wiley-Blackwell, Chichester, UK, pp.3-23.
- Sher, W & Sherratt, S & Williams, A & Gameson, R 2009, 'Heading into new virtual environments: what skills do design team members need?', Journal of Information Technology in Construction, 14, pp.17-29.
- Egbu, A U & Olomolaiye, P & Gameson, R 2008, 'A neo-institutional economic critique of the system of allocating urban land and development rights in Nigeria', Habitat International, 32(1), pp.121-135.
- Ndekugri, I & Braimah, N & Gameson, R 2008, 'Delay analysis within construction contracting organizations', Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 134(9), pp.692-700.
- Proverbs, D & Gameson, R 2008, 'Case study research', in: Advanced research methods in the built environment, Wiley-Blackwell, Chichester, UK, pp.99-110.
- Ward, P & Aranda-Mena-, G & Sher, W & Gameson, R 2007, 'Innovativative protocols and technologies as a means of complying with the building and construction industry security of payments act 1999 (NSW) Australia', Construction Management and Economics. 25(7), pp.747-763.