Director of Admissions
- Maxwell Building Room 414
- T: +44 (0)161 295 6299
- M: +44 (0)7837 604231
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SEEK: Research profile
“Please contact me via email for an appointment”
I have gained research experience working on a number of EPSRC collaborative research projects, notably “Process Protocol Level 2” ((£304, 000, EPSRC ref: GR/M20006), “Managing Change and Dependency” and “The Big Ideas: Sustained Competitiveness in the UK Construction Sector (EPSRC £237,446 ref: GR/ T21820/01) which won The Chartered Institute of Building’s Research and Innovation Award in 2009. I have also collaborated on process management issues with a number of companies and organisations in the banking, facilities management, construction and disaster management sectors. I have developed a Disaster Management and Reconstruction Process for the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors President’s Commission for Major Disaster Management. During the development of a recent European standard for FM Processes Andrew was a member of the BSI FMW1 Committee for developing FM standards and also a UK principal expert on the European CEN TC 348 Working Group. Currently I am teaching Lean Integrated Design and Corporate Strategy and working on Disaster Management research.
Business Strategy, Lean Construction, Facilities management, Process management.
Disaster Management, Process Management, Lean Construction, Facilities Management.
Qualifications and Memberships
BSc (Hons) Building Surveying
MSc IT In Property and Construction
PGCert Academic Practice
Fellow Higher Education Academy
- Fleming, A., Lee, A. (2009) Disaster Management and Reconstruction Process Protocol: Consultative Guide. RICS. ISBN 978-1-84219-497-3.
- Lee, A,, Fleming, A (2012) Disaster Management and Reconstruction Process Protocol for the AEC/FM Industry, 7th International Conference on Innovation in Architecture, Engineering and Construction, AEC2012.
- Hamid, Y., Alexander, K., Fleming, A (2010) Developing a process protocol for facilities management, CIB World Congress, University of Salford.
- Hamid, Y., Alexander, K., Fleming, A (2010) Barriers to the application of process protocol for facilities management in a UK higher education institution, CIB World Congress, University of Salford.
- Ming, S., Fleming, A.(30%), Senaratne, S., Motawa, I. & Yeoh, M. (2007) A Change Management Toolkit for Construction projects. Architectural Engineering and Design Management.
- Wu, S., Kagioglou, M., Aouad, G., Lee, A., Cooper, R. & Fleming, A. (2003) A Project Knowledge Management Tool for the Construction Industry. International Journal of IT in Architecture, Engineering & Construction, 2(2), 79-90.
- Fleming. A.(85%), Lee. A., Alexander, K., (2008) Towards a Process Protocol for Facilities Management in ‘Facilities Management Processes’, EuroFM Monograph, June 2008 and EuroFm Conference proceedings, Manchester 2008.
- Fleming. A.(90%), Lee. A. Brandon, P. (2007) A Process Protocol for Disaster Management and Reconstruction. IDRC, Harbin, China.
- Quigley, M., Dangerfield, B.C., Kearney, J.R., Fleming, A. and Gilkinson, N. (2007) System Dynamics Modelling of Competing UK Construction Firms for CIB W92, Newcastle, Australia.
- Goodier, C., Bosher, L., Fleming, A(25%). and Soetanto, R. (2007) Synergising disaster risk management and construction research: A multi-disciplinary initiative from the UK for CIB World Congress, Cape Town, South Africa.
- Quigley, M. and Fleming, A(50%). (2007) Mental models to simulations using System Dynamics to model a competitive index for construction firms for SCRI Symposium, Salford.
- Goodier. C., Soetantoe. R., Fleming. A(33%). (2006) The future of construction procurement in the UK: a shift to service provision in CIB W92 Conference, Salford.
- Fleming. A.(40%), Dangerfield. B., Quigley. M., Kearney. J. (2006) The Development of a competitive index for construction firms to enable informed procurement for CIB W92 Conference, Salford.
- Fleming, A.(85%), Aouad, G., Barrett, P., Dangerfield, B., Kagioglou, M. and Mcdermott, P. 2006 A review of System Dynamics and its potential application to the UK construction sector. Proceedings of the CIB W65, W55 and W86 Conference, Rome, Italy, 18-20 October.
- Fleming, A.(80%), Aouad, G., Barrett, P., Dangerfield, B., Kagioglou, M. and Mcdermott, P. Applying a System Dynamics methodology to understand sustained competitiveness in the UK construction sector. In Proceedings of the 3rd International SCRI symposium, Delft, The Netherlands.
- Sun, M., Fleming, A.(40%), Senaratne, S., Motawa, I. and Yeoh, M., 2004. A change management system for construction projects. Proceedings of the 11th ISPE International Conference on Concurrent Engineering (CE2004): Research and Applications, Central Garden Hotel - Beijing, P. R. China 26 - 30 July, 2004.
- Fleming, A.(80%), Sexton, M., Sun, M., Senaratne, S., Aouad, G. 2004. The development of a change management dependency framework. Proceedings of the CIB world congress, Toronto, Canada, May 2004.
- Senaratne, S., Sexton, M., Sun, M., Aouad, G and Fleming, A(15%). 2004 The role of team knowledge in managing change within construction project team settings. Proceedings of the CIB world congress, Toronto, Canada, May 2004.
- Fleming, A (80%)., Senaratne, S., Sexton, M., Sun, M., Aouad, G. 2004. Managing project change in construction: The Dependency Framework. 1st International SCRI Symposium, University of Salford, April 2004.
- Kagioglou, M., Wu, S., Aouad, G., Lee, A., Cooper, R. & Fleming, A. (2003) An IT tool for managing the product development process. In Proceedings of the 11th International Conference of the Group for Lean Construction (IGLC11), Blacksburg, Virginia, 484-495.
- Wu, S., Fleming, A.(25%), Aouad, G., Cooper, R., "The development of the Process Protocol mapping methodology and tool" International Postgraduate Conference for Research in the Built and Human Environment, 2001.
- Fleming, A (80%)., Lee, A., Cooper, R. & Aouad, G. (2000) Development of a process mapping methodology for the Process Protocol Level 2. In Proceedings of 3rd European Conference on Product and Process Modelling in the Building and Related Industries (ECPPM), Lisbon, Portugal, 187-192.
- Nelson, M. M., Lee, A., Cooper, R., Kagioglou, M. & Fleming, A(10)%. (1999) Process re-engineering in the construction industry - buzzword or reality? In Proceedings of the COBRA 1999 Conference, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, Salford, 225-234.