Conferences and events
The Centre for Disaster Resilience (CDR) organises interdisciplinary conferences and seminars that promote innovation and knowledge exchange on disaster resilience between Higher Education and relevant stakeholders.
The Centre organises the regular International Conference on Building Resilience. Previous events have been attended by international academics, practitioners, professionals and policymakers.
- 4th International Conference on Building Resilience
Incorporating the 3rd Annual Meeting of the ANDROID Network
9 – 11 September 2014, MediaCityUK, University of Salford, Salford, United Kingdom
- The 2014 CIB W55/65/89 International Conference on Construction in a Changing World, May 2014.
- 2nd Conference of the ANDROID Disaster Resilience Network, 22 – 25 October 2013, Cyprus
- 2013 International Conference on Building Resilience: Individual, institutional and societal coping strategies to address the challenges associated with disaster risk
- National launch of the United Nations Global Assessment Report 2013 as part of the International Building Resilience Conference 2013
- 2011 International Conference on Building Resilience: Interdisciplinary approaches to disaster risk reduction, and the development of sustainable communities and cities, Heritance Kandalama, Sri Lanka, 19– 21 July 2011
- CIB World Congress 2010 - Building a Better World
- The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors’ (RICS) COBRA 2010 research conference
- 2008 International Conference on Building Resilience