Capacity building and outreach
CDR has been working with national and international communities and policy makers for many years. Whatever the project, people are inspired to learn something new.
Whether you’re a member of the community wanting to know more about the impact of disaster risk or an international organisation wanting help to increase capacity and capability to continue applying core disaster management concepts, there is something for everyone.
As well as activity delivered and organised directly, CDR also organises various events in collaboration with its overseas partners. These activities will vary from smaller scale training events to large scale international conferences.
Recent outreach events include:
- Keynote speeches
- National launch of the United Nations Global Assessment Report
- Policy briefings
- Partners in the national launch of the Resilient Cities campaign
- Consultation of Local Governments towards Post 2015 Framework for DRR (Hyogo Framework for Action 2 - HFA2)
- Promote flood resistance and resilience
- Significant professional services including workshop leads and events facilitation