Dr Iván García
Associate Dean Academic (Enhancement)
- New Adelphi 1.10
- T: +44 (0)161 295 3539
- E: email@example.com
- SEEK: Research profile
I studied linguistics as an undergraduate at University College London and received a Ph.D. in linguistics from Stanford University in 2009. I’m a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a recipient of the Vice-Chancellor's Distinguished Teaching Award.
I have taught modules in Linguistics and English Language, including:
- Structure of English
- Language and Meaning
- Corpus Approaches to Language
- Language and Communication
- Pragmatics and Cognition
My areas of research are semantics, pragmatics, syntax, and their interfaces. In particular, my current research focuses on quantification and exceptives in English. I supervise PhD students working on these areas.
Qualifications and Memberships
- BA in Linguistics (University College London)
- MA, PhD in Linguistics (Stanford University)
- PGCert in Higher Education (University of Salford)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Member of the Linguistic Association of America
- Member of the Linguistics Association of Great Britain
(Forthcoming). ‘Generality and Exception: The Syntax and Semantics of Exceptives’. (Oxford Studies in Theoretical Linguistics). Oxford: Oxford University Press.