Creative writers are skilled in the art of imaginative expression. They know how words work and are expert at manipulating the written word in a variety of contexts and settings to create new voices and fresh perspectives. They also are expert in reading and understanding literature, able to learn from what has been done before.
Creative Writing graduates are well placed for employment in a wide variety of fields such as teaching English at school or university level; publishing; journalism; broadcasting; diplomatic service; marketing; or advertising.
Courses in Creative Writing
- BA (Hons) Drama and Creative Writing
- BA (Hons) English and Creative Writing
- BA (Hons) English Language and Creative Writing
- BA (Hons) English Literature
- BA (Hons) English Literature with English Language
- BA (Hons) English and Drama
- BA (Hons) English and Film Studies
Our staff and postgraduate research students are members of the Centre for English Literature and Language. Members of the creative writing staff team are all practising published writers and between them have won many awards. They publish, broadcast and perform work in the areas of biography, creative non-fiction, fiction, poetry, playwriting, writing for young adults and visual text.