To determine the remuneration of senior managers and staff of the University as defined by the Committee. The Committee shall meet as required but no less than twice a year.
Terms of Reference
- To receive and review comparative information on salaries, other emoluments, conditions of service and general pay trends in the higher education sector where relevant.
- To determine on behalf of Council the salary, other remuneration (including performance reward payments), performance criteria and conditions of service of the following positions;
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor
- Pro Vice-Chancellors
- Director of Finance
- Director of Human Resources
- Exceptionally, the Committee may determine the remuneration of other senior managers and staff, for example when proposed levels of remuneration depart significantly from national and/or sector wide benchmarks.
- To approve the design of, and determine targets for, any performance/merit related pay arrangements operated by the University and approve the total payments made under such schemes.
- To ensure that all provisions regarding the disclosure of remuneration, including pensions, are fulfilled.
- To determine a material financial settlement for i) the Vice-Chancellor and ii) where settlements are outside of normal policy, any member of staff listed in [II] above, in the event of individuals specified in i) and ii) leaving the employment of the institution in circumstances where that is deemed appropriate.
- In respect of Professorial staff and any individual on the management scale the Committee will: (i) receive and review comparative information on salaries, other emoluments and conditions of service in the higher education sector and review decisions made by the Vice-Chancellor in that context; and (ii) approve the overall reward policy.
- To set the terms of reference for any remuneration consultants who advise the Committee.
- To deal with other relevant remuneration matters referred to it by the Council.
- To recommend to Council the establishment, terms of reference and composition of any time or task-limited working groups deemed necessary to develop, advance or review the Committee’s business.
- To review the Terms of Reference as required but normally no less than once every three years.
- To publish its Terms of Reference on the University's website.