To oversee and make recommendation to Council as appropriate on matters concerning the effective and efficient use of physical and human resources, financial performance and sustainability and on the University’s international activities.
Terms of Reference
1. To consider and review University financial performance, including:
- quarterly management accounts;
- financial key performance indicators;
- financial impact of student recruitment and registration;
- bank covenants.
2. To ensure compliance with all financial requirements and obligations.
3. To approve, where relevant, policy changes that do not impact strategy or financial viability (for example, staff expenses policy).
4. To consider and make recommendations to Council regarding:
- the Annual Finance Statement and related documents;
- three-year budgets for the University including capital budget and associated cash flow;
- the adoption of Financial Regulations;
- the adoption of relevant policies not covered under Term 3 above, including Treasury Management and Investment;
- borrowing policy, including approval of new borrowings;
- capital expenditure plans in excess of £5 million;
- fees chargeable by the University.
5. For Estates & Facilities, International, IT and HR
- To consider and advise Council on the material aspects of the relevant strategic plans;
- To monitor performance against the relevant KPIs;
- To make recommendation to Council on all proposals for any related capital expenditure in excess of £5 million.