To oversee and make recommendation to Council as appropriate on matters concerning the effective and efficient use of physical and human resources, financial planning, performance and sustainability.
Terms of Reference
1. To consider and review University financial performance, including:
- quarterly management accounts;
- financial key performance indicators;
- financial impact of student recruitment and registration;
- bank covenants.
2. To ensure compliance with all Office for Students financial requirements and obligations.
3. To consider and make recommendation to Council regarding:
- the Annual Finance Statement and related documents;
- three-year budgets for the University including capital budget and associated cash flow;
- the adoption of Financial Regulations;
- the adoption of relevant policies, including Treasury Management and Investment;
- borrowing policy, including approval of new borrowings;
- capital expenditure plans in excess of £5,000,000:
- fees chargeable by the University.
4. For Estates & Facilities, International, IT and HR
- To consider and advise Council on the material aspects of the relevant strategic Plans;
- To monitor performance against the relevant KPIs.