Why study at the University of Salford, MediaCityUK
- Over 30 undergraduate and postgraduate courses taught at MediaCityUK
- Our production suites, studios and digital infrastructure have been informed and specified by industry and future proofed for emerging creative technologies.
- Our close partnerships with major businesses such as BT and Adobe will inform the development of our courses and research projects – keeping our focus constantly up to date with the real world.
- Our aim is to have all students working on live briefs (assigned by our business partners) as part of their course. These will be used as a key aspect of our teaching and preparing our students to be professionals.
- Share knowledge and ideas. Participate in 'cross-working' across courses – for example, students studying journalism, broadcast, post-production and scriptwriting will work together to produce portfolios.
Take a look at the courses we are currently teaching at our MediaCityUK location, or visit us on an open day to meet current students, and find out more about the courses and experience our fantastic brand new facilities for yourself.
We are also developing a range of professional short courses.
On-site student support
Our Student Life team provide student advice, support and career development resources, delivering a year round information service. Advisers are located on-site alongside colleagues from the library and academic support, staffing the support desk based on the first floor. Specialist advisers will also be available by appointment to give expert one-to-one advice, either face to face or via the internet.
You can also get advice and information 24 hours a day through touch screen kiosks situated throughout the building which carry news and information about Student Life and other University services and opportunities.
On the ground floor of the building, there is a cafe providing drinks, snacks and sandwiches, while on other floors refreshments will be available from vending machines.
There are also restaurants, cafés, bars and a supermarket all conveniently located within walking distance at MediaCityUK and at the neighbouring Lowry shopping and entertainment complex.